Information & Referral
Effective September 8, 2021, Indus requires proof of vaccination via paper or PDF vaccine receipt or an enhanced digital vaccine receipt that features a QR code (upon implementation by the Province of Ontario) and another piece of photo identification, such as a driver’s licence or health card in order to access in-person services. Clients who are unable to provide proof of vaccination will only be provided phone or virtual services by appointment only.
Since its inception, a key activity of Indus has been to provide clients with a multidimensional Information and Referral program. As a strategic priority of the agency, we provide client-centered services that meet your needs. Indus has an experienced team of skilled counsellors that will present you with a variety of options to move your life forward in a positive direction. Based on that information, you make the decision on how to proceed.
Our services include:
- Personalized counselling and support
- Workshops, information sessions and guidance on skills development, training and employment
- Translations and interpretation for settlement related issues
- Commissioner of Oath services
- Linkages to external services such as income tax clinics and legal aid
- Referral to other relevant community and government resources
Our programs are free of charge and culturally and linguistically responsive. Our staff speaks a variety of languages including Hindi, Punjabi, Tamil, Urdu, Bengali, Gujarati and Arabic. Our programs are inclusive and welcome individuals of all faiths, gender, ethnicity and sexual orientation.