Family Court Support Services
Effective September 8, 2021, Indus requires proof of vaccination via paper or PDF vaccine receipt or an enhanced digital vaccine receipt that features a QR code (upon implementation by the Province of Ontario) and another piece of photo identification, such as a driver’s licence or health card in order to access in-person services. Clients who are unable to provide proof of vaccination will only be provided phone or virtual services by appointment only.
Our Family Court Support Workers provide support to victims of domestic violence navigating the Family Court system. We support clients in helping them to understand their rights for making informed decisions on matters related to custody, child support, spousal support, and division of property and assets.
The program provides the following supports:
- Facilitating the understanding of the Family Court system by debriefing outcomes of court appearances and appointments with lawyers
- Access to free legal clinics and consultations
- Support for filing documents in person and virtually Commission of Oath
- Support with legal aid applications and appeals
- Conducting risk assessments and developing safety plans
- Providing assistance in documenting the history of abuse
- Accompanying and supporting clients during court proceedings, where appropriate