ACES Program for Women (Advocacy, Counselling, Empowerment & Safety)
Effective September 8, 2021, Indus requires proof of vaccination via paper or PDF vaccine receipt or an enhanced digital vaccine receipt that features a QR code (upon implementation by the Province of Ontario) and another piece of photo identification, such as a driver’s licence or health card in order to access in-person services. Clients who are unable to provide proof of vaccination will only be provided phone or virtual services by appointment only.
We provide culturally-responsive counselling to victims of domestic/family violence and abuse, to assist and help empower the women through the development of personalized strategies and solutions that help to promote healthy relationships and wellness for the victim and her family.
Our program helps promote quality of life for individuals living with abuse or in fear of abuse, by enabling them to take control of their lives and make a healthy transition to independence, freedom, and an empowered violence-free life.
The ACES program provides:
- Crisis intervention, counselling and risk assessment
- Safety planning and transitional support
- Womens groups to support health and wellness Assistance with legal issues and advocacy
- Educational workshops and referrals to community resources
- Support groups for women and children who have witnessed abuse
- Support is provided through the Helping End Abuse for Life (HEAL) network.
When needed, Indus will facilitate a referral and connection of French-speaking clients to OASIS Centre des Femmes or La Maison d’Hébergement.
“Indus staff didn’t just help me, they supported my whole family, my children, and my siblings. With guidance and gentleness, we gained much more than counselling for the abuse and trauma, we as a family regained our dignity and self-worth.” C