The global pandemic has affected the way we navigate our world – from our economy, social life and most importantly our educational system. Most schools have moved virtually and we know how hard it is not to get distracted studying from home. Here are some tips to help you prioritize school and ensure that you’re productive even in the comfort of your own homes:
- Eliminate distractions
- We know how hard it is to stay focused when notifications are popping in and out. Putting your phone on airplane mode or hiding it somewhere during school hours is a good way to stop yourself from going on social media every 2 seconds.
- Find a good “work from home” playlist on your chosen streaming platform to cancel out your environment’s noise.
- Build a calendar that will allow you to track your tasks/assignments to do
- Scheduling your classes and when to do assignments will help you strengthen your prioritization skills and help you give a proper visualization of your day-to-day life
- Choose your “work hub” at your home where you are the most productive
- Doing work on your bed is not ideal. Set up a proper work area at home and make sure that distractions are not present.
- Take breaks
- Most importantly – don’t forget to take a few minutes to yourself, recollect your thoughts and relax for a bit. Do some stretches, make lunch, go for a quick walk. Ensure that you’re moving and not sitting in front of your computer the entire time.
We wish you the best of luck this school year! We know how difficult it has been navigating the “new norm” but we will all get through this together. At this time, stay safe!